Friday, December 17, 2010

मुझे अपनी दुकान पसंद है

Empty shells are not just academic


Soft collisions, repetive and cold

Loud blares, scraping and accelerating

Warning signs ignored


Saw a man and woman holding hands today

It was the first I'd seen

Comfortably, easily


It can be here

It all may be here

But how do you find it?


In them of course

But is there 1 in every community?

And how do you recognize them?


The difficulty can be labeled a model

But that's a shell,

Opaque and academically hollow


It's really a wriggling, mass of masses

Shaped by past, present, future

Controlled by laws, structures, culture


The only things constant are nothing,

No matter how deep or inanimate

So how can you hold things constant?


Our territory

Not your type restaurant

They are always causing trouble, not us


Here, clean your sister's poop of with this water

Go scoop the buffaloes poops

And smell, this is where we defecate


Oh we're great we've made such success

And we did this the community will tell you

If it weren't for us and your money, oh what would become of them?


1500 Rupees promised per, where has it gone you see?

He takes the money from the tourists, then takes some his own

The Mughal Heritage Walk, but is it alive or even there?


No not really, but the people are there

Project katum, but the people are there

We'll do great work, just give me the check


Professional outsourcing, lofty words

Expenses best is a must

And 1500 Rs I got per day to help them solve their worst


2500 Rs is good for them, but I'll be the one to deliver it

Such hopeless eyes they look at me

I will struggle on, paying the consultant to write my emails


Big projects I want, whole world to know

Oh we will change the world you see

And my daughter will in the US


And we'll move there to be with her


This is how its structured you see

Without us, who else will fight Casteism

There are no others like us, not untouchably internationally known


My family is very greatest here

Brahmin by name and uplifted by dress

But, I'm effective because I am from that one.


And know those people, but don't use

Oh no


Is this really all there is?

Unment promises, nice office self

Here I benefit, and you'll get some too


Empty shells are seeming pandemic


Easily, walking, hand-in-hand

Deftly scooping, tray-to-head

Numbly cleaning, hand-in-crack


But one happy boy, to short to reach

Another boy keeps his balance

Guiding from behind, contentment on his face


And one calm look, eyes resolved

Laksham Das Dastri-2, just see the Taj and there you'll know

Quietly speaking


Yes I like my store too.




No comments:

Post a Comment