Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Big and Little Picture

Three people in the last week have asked me to re-explain what it is I was doing in India, so I thought I might as well make it clear - both to you and me.

Why Am I here?
The Big Picture: Design a new model for urban poverty alleviation through facilitation of community design and technology workshops.

What is PANCH about?
Panch stands for People's Action for Clean Hands and it is a more contained version of the Big Picture where the idea is to test and see what the potential of a community design workshop is in the context of real life. How will people respond? What would it take for the community to really value and use a workshop in their community?

There are many questions so I will refrain for now. I'll be putting up a more detailed explanation to get people's thoughts on the big and little picture - but maybe not till i have a picture-taker.


No comments:

Post a Comment